Finding My Way: September 2016
In this Finding My Way series I reflect at the end of every month on what I'm celebrating, how I've grown and what I've learned, and I write this list to myself from my soul compass.
Do you ever feel like one month is incredibly long?
This month of September has been one crazy ride, with amazing love-filled, heart racing highs and crushing lows filled with doubt and worry and why is this happening stuff. Now it's time to reflect, learn and grow from it all.
Things to celebrate in September:
- 4 wonderful new coaching clients
- Growing my döTERRA business in a mission-driven, heart-centred, ethical way - in my team we have nearly 80 people, which means nearly 80 homes are now using essential oils to support their health and wellness. This makes my heart sing.
- Updating my website to incorporate essential oils. I’m happy that I wrote the pages from my heart and not what I think would come over best.
- Kids back at school and despite some initial crazy hurdles, it’s all good now. And no more thinking about what to feed them at lunchtime!
- Meeting new friends and clicking. Feeling there’s not enough time to talk about everything. Wanting more.
- Getting in contact with old friends and having amazing, lifting conversations. It’s balm for the soul and made me so happy.
- Refuelling on a mini, no internet connection imposed holiday in Bourgogne.
- Receiving and accepting support from business partners and friends. I’m used to doing it alone. Support is feeling good.
- A crazy amount of up levelling. I thought I had it all sorted and wham, I found out I didn’t. Things still feel hazy but I’m so positive for October.
Things to learn, remember and take into October:
- Get your admin stuff in order woman. It’s your weakest point but it’s the thing that gives you a strong foundation to grow. It’s also the thing you worry about the most. No more excuses and procrastination. Do 10 minutes a day and this will already help.
- These are the things that make you feel like you:
Coaching, love-infused sharing, learning about essential oils and heart-centred business, seeing people grow and break through limiting beliefs, listening deeply and figuring out the thought patterns, sitting quietly on the terrace with a coffee and deheading the flowers, designing in canva, being in nature. Do more of these things my lovely.
- Up your self care: you’ve been meaning to have a yoga practise since the start of summer. It’s time to make it happen. A face scrub and mask would be great too. And a walk along the beach.
- Your lone wolf attitude is fading. You are learning how wonderful it is to be with people who light you up, to form deep connections. You’re learning to trust - other people and the universe. You’re learning you are supported and you are safe and everything is working out just as it’s supposed to, even though it hasn’t always felt like that in September and your sureness has wobbled.
- You’re learning to be a leader and this surprises you. Lead in your unique, introverted way. Keep listening, keep meeting people where they are, don’t expect anything and infuse love always. Be grateful for everyone who comes your way - they all have something to teach you. Notice how you can be better and do that. Notice how you like to be treated and do that. But forgive yourself too when you slip up.
- Meditation is so good for you. Every time you’ve done it this month you’ve come away feeling that your heart has been healed, your faith restored, your confidence and purpose renewed. Keep that practise and increase it if you can.
- Think about celebration. You know you want to live from a place of joy and happiness, but when you were told to celebrate (yes you actually had to be told to celebrate) you didn’t have a clue where to begin. This is what you came up with eventually: walk along the beach, go to the art museum, go for a hike with your hubby, have some fizz on the terrace, take some time off and have coffee with a friend. This celebration list is to be worked on my lovely.
If you want to write a monthly reflections list, get quiet (switch off all distractions), grab a pen and write. Share or don't share, it doesn't matter. Just get quiet, learn and grow. xx
Hey there gorgeous!
I'm Micala Duvoux, a heart-centred entrepreneur and life coach. I'm passionate about living a joy centred, meaningful life of freedom and growth and empowering others to do the same.
I'm so happy to see you here.
Let's get to know each other better here.